Effective date: 11 February 2019
Click on the following links to jump to the indicated section:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Collect by Automated Means
- Information We Share
- Transfer of Data to Other Countries
- Special Events, Questionnaires and Surveys
- Children’s Privacy
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Your Rights and Choices
- Data Controller/Data Processor
- Contact Us
You may choose to provide us with personal information when you visit our Site. The information you may provide to us may include your contact information such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
If you prefer that we do not collect this information about you, please do not provide us with this information. Please note that if you decline to provide us consent to process your personal information , we may not be able to offer the benefits of M∙A∙C Cosmetics Uruguay
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications, if you choose to receive such communications
- Provide services to you
- Personalize our services, including providing product recommendations
- Respond to your inquiries
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and for which we will obtain your prior, express consent, to the extent required by applicable law.
When you visit this Site, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social network pages, or our mobile applications, such as those of Adobe Site Catalyst and/or Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics services, and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- For Adobe Site Catalyst, please click HERE
- To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include data analysis companies, customer service specialists, email providers, web hosting companies, and mail houses.
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
If you are under 18 years old, you can browse our Site, but you cannot provide us with personal information. For example, you cannot register on our Site if you are under 18 years old. This Site is not designed for children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect information from people knowing that they are under 18 years of age. If we realize that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under 18 on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
We maintain reasonable security measures to prevent the unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, loss or destruction of personal information provided on the Site. Your personal information will be stored in facilities located in the United States and London, United Kingdom. If you have any questions regarding the protection of personal information on our Site, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for those sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, please contact us as specified below.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You may review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each Email you receive from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided to us by contacting us as indicated below. We will apply your preferences going forward. Please note that in some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
M∙A∙C Cosmetics Uruguay will assume control and responsibility for the personal information that you provide to us. ELC Online Inc. 40 W 23 Street, New York, New York, 10010 will collect, organize and process such personal information on behalf of and under the instructions of M∙A∙C Cosmetics Uruguay.
PH Prime Time,
Piso 18 Oficina 18A,
Costa del Este.
Tel. +507 309 7725